Monday, December 5, 2011

Gratitude Multiplied

It has been awhile since I last posted.  Lots of travel and family stuff.  So, to get back on track, here's my list for today:  Glad to be back to my walking regimen.  Without it, I would have really had a coronary while in California walking the dogs at the dog mountain park - straight uphill and I left my rock climbing gear at my daughter's house!   Grateful that we successfully closed on a new wee house in Austin that will become our retirement base.  Will move in February and escape some of the winter weather in WV.  Grateful that V is receiving excellent care at the hospital as they try to balance her medications so she can eventually return home.  Grateful that the situation for D at work is evolving into a good opportunity for him to feel valued as he winds down towards retirement.  Grateful that we have a service plan for our heating unit and that the failing fan unit was discovered before our electric bills went through the roof.

Dear Lord,  so much is happening so fast that it makes my head spin.  Thank you for your continual presence as I navigate my way through the challenging waters of change.  Thank you for the safe return of J's dog.  Thank you for the chance to talk today with S, who lost his wife suddenly to cancer recently.  I can see you are present in his life and he is doing well.  If you could help me a little with Christmas spirit, it would be appreciated.  I seem to be lacking and it adversely effects my preparations for this joyous time of year.  Thank you.  Love,  Jane


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the prayers - and I'll send some up for you. I am not feeling the Christmas spirit this year either!

    Glad to hear that you are on your way to retirement in Austin!

    ReplyDelete