Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Today, I feel gratitude for....

Keeping my cool when the earthquake tremors made the water in the glass on my desk at the hotel tremble.

D. showing me a great market with so many vendors offering yummy things for me to pick for dinner last night.  He had to go back to work for a reception.

My first good night's sleep for almost a week.  I felt refreshed when I awoke.

Finding a street musician that reminded me of those on Treme, one of our favorite TV shows.  He let me take his picture - quite a colorful character.

Comfortable sandals that allowed me to walk around Philadelphia for several hours before my feet started talking to me about returning to the hotel.

Dear Lord, the world is full of so many interesting things that you have to marvel from your vantage point.  I know there are contrasts where improvements need to/can be made and I'm happy to help in whatever way I can, but I appreciate my growing understanding that everything doesn't have to fit my definition of perfect in order for it to be perfect for others.  Help me to grow in this area and be ever mindful of opportunities to help where help is needed and recognize when to offer and when to refrain.  Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment